What Handle Function Do I Need?
Lever Door Handles with a long (tall) backplate are available in a number of different functions:
- Passage- Internal doors with no need to lock. i.e. hallway and bedroom doors
- Privacy- Internal doors with a ‘privacy’ lock. This ‘lock’ has an emergency release on the outside of the door. i.e. bathroom or toilet doors
- Euro- External doors with a high security lock and a modern key
- Traditional Keyhole- External doors with either a low or high security lock and a old fashioned ‘skeleton’ key
- Dummy- Non-functional handles for one side of the door only. i.e. wardrobe or linen press doors
In choosing your locks and latches, the first step is to know which handle function you need. Please select below which function of door handle you are looking at purchasing: